Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello Merrill, Hal & Everybody  (Read 2504 times)
Richard
Botanist

« on: March 18, 2007, 12:07:48 PM »

Hi,

I finally got time to look at this. Looks great!

Merrill, I use a Mac computer and Netscape and the icons in the tool bar above do not work. In the other forum if I hightlight a scientific name and click the I (Italics) button it puts a in front of the name and a at the end and when you preview the message it is italicized. Mine doesn't work at all if if I do it manually. It may be the Netscape version I have. I'll try Internet Explorer later this evening. I'm going to try to post a picture in another message and see if someone can identify it.

Richard
Merrill
Administrator
Botanist

I'm no botanist, and I don't even play one on TV.

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2007, 01:23:27 PM »

Hi,

I finally got time to look at this. Looks great!

Merrill, I use a Mac computer and Netscape and the icons in the tool bar above do not work. In the other forum if I hightlight a scientific name and click the I (Italics) button it puts a in front of the name and a at the end and when you preview the message it is italicized. Mine doesn't work at all if if I do it manually. It may be the Netscape version I have. I'll try Internet Explorer later this evening. I'm going to try to post a picture in another message and see if someone can identify it.

Richard

Hey, Richard, don't know why that isn't working for you. I'm a little afraid that Internet Explorer will be even worse, though. I'll do a search on the SMF forums and see if I can figure it out. Meanwhile, you might try Firefox as a browser -- it's free. I'm using Camino (also free) on my Mac and it works fine.

If it just doesn't work for you, we could try another type of forum. There may be a plug-in I can install, too.

I'm going to give board members (or the ones who'd like to do this, anyway) permission to delete stuff and block users on this forum, once we open it to everyone. I'll administer it, but you'll have the ability to take control and handle problems. I'm still figuring it out, but this particular software (Simple Machines Forum) seems pretty straightforward so far.

Keep letting me know if you're having problems.

Merrill

This is where a signature would be, if I had one.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length