You are invited to attend the 37th annual Natural Areas Conference hosted by the Natural Areas Association (NAA), with co-hosts: the Missouri Department of Conservation, the University of Missouri-Columbia College of Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources, the Missouri Natural Areas Committee, and the National Association of Exotic Pest Plant Councils.
This year's conference will be held at the Tan-Tar-A Resort on the shores of beautiful Lake of the Ozarks in the Osage River Hills region of the Missouri Ozarks.
Missouri's Ozark Highlands are home to some of the largest springs in the world, thousands of caves, the largest block of remaining forest and woodland in the central midwest, and many endemic species. Within an hour drive of Tan-Tar-A Resort are tallgrass prairies, glades, savannas, woodlands, forests, fens, caves, springs, Ozark streams, and the Missouri River.
Please join us as we connect today's natural area managers with academics and students and young natural resource professionals with seasoned professionals from a variety of natural resource disciplines.
Included in Full Conference Registration:
• Attendance throughout the week at conference sessions, roundtables and workshops
• Opening day events, including the Plenary and the Tuesday evening social
• Refreshments during session breaks
• Thursday Awards Dinner and Auction; Presentation of the George B. Fell and Carl N. Becker Stewardship Awards
• Thursday field trips - your choice from a large selection of natural areas, wilderness destinations and cultural sites
• Unlimited networking opportunities, camaraderie and learning experiences!
Additional information can be found at: http://www.naturalarea.org/10Conferfence/
Register at: http://www.naturalarea.org/10Conferfence/registration.html
Questions regarding the 2010 Natural Areas Conference, including workshops or sponsorship opportunities:
Tim Nigh, 2010 Conference Organizer
Missouri Department of Conservation
(573) 882-9909 x3244NAA2010@mdc.mo.gov
Deb Kraus, Director
Natural Areas Association