Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Upcoming Volunteer Sessions At Atlanta History Center  (Read 1241 times)
Rich
Distinguished Botanist

« on: July 28, 2009, 07:14:33 PM »

I need lots of help! I just returned from the Cullowhee Native Plants Conference and brought back several wonderful and less-than-common species. I need help getting all these plants in the ground; if you can’t come on one of our regularly scheduled volunteer days, just let me know when you are available.
Volunteer sessions in August (and this Thursday):

All weekday sessions from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m.

All weekend sessions from 9:15 a.m. until 12:15 p.m. 

Thursday, July 30 – Quarry Garden

Tuesday, August 4 - Tullie Smith Farm

Thursday, August 13 – Quarry Garden

Saturday, August 15 – Quarry Garden and Tullie Smith Farm

Thursday, August 27 – Quarry Garden

If you have an interest in joining our wonderfully dedicated group of volunteers that come on a regular basis, which normally take place each month on the first Tuesday, first Thursday and the third Saturday.

Helping in the Atlanta History Center Gardens is an excellent way to learn about horticulture, spend time in a beautiful setting, work alongside interesting people… and volunteers are often able to take plants home!

Since we plan our activities based on the number of people signed up for each session, we ask that you let us know if you will be joining us. Likewise, if you have signed up and are then unable to attend…please let us know as soon in advance as possible.

We’d love to have you become a member the Atlanta History Center to take advantage of all of the many benefits of membership, but especially so you can be the first to learn of (and take advantage of the discounts on) the many up-coming events. If you’d like to join, please visit http://www.atlantahistorycenter.com/   and click on “Membership,” or contact Sarah Wilder - our Membership Director at swilder@AtlantaHistoryCenter.com or 404.814.4100.

I hope to see many of you soon!

John T. Manion
Historic Gardens Curator
Atlanta History Center
130 West Paces Ferry Road NW
Atlanta, GA 30305
p | 404.814.4073
e | jmanion@AtlantaHistoryCenter.com

Find out what's happening at the Atlanta History Center!
Visit www.AtlantaHistoryCenter.com

Rich Reaves
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length