Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mystery Plant!  (Read 4416 times)
Richard
Botanist

« on: March 20, 2007, 07:06:26 PM »

I was at least able to post a picture from the old Mac, but the Icons above do not work properly. Anybody have an idea on this one?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2007, 07:08:01 PM by Richard » Logged
Merrill
Administrator
Botanist

I'm no botanist, and I don't even play one on TV.

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2007, 01:42:14 PM »

Hey, Richard, so when you're at home on your Mac, the icons at the top where you can reformat the text don't appear? Is that right? I'll attach a picture of the icons -- let me know if this is what you're talking about. If that's it, I'll check on the Simple Machines Forum site for an answer. You're using an older Mac with IE and Netscape, right?

Merrill

This is where a signature would be, if I had one.
Richard
Botanist

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2007, 03:13:10 PM »

Merrill,

No the icons are there, they just do not function properly. With a newer computer if you highlight a word and click on the "I" for italics, or B for Bold etc. it puts a "" at the beginning of the word and a closing "" at the end of the word. When I do that with my computer at home it puts both the opening and closing formatting tools at the end of the Sentence, not around the word as it should and since they are both together it does not italicize or bold the text. I think I'm using Mac version 9.2.2 (because I didn't like OS X), and Netscape vs. 7.0 and IE version 5.1 (I think).

The posting of a picture works fine.

Richard
Rich
Distinguished Botanist

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2007, 09:13:17 PM »

I'll go out on a limb and say Agastache nepetoides.  Eitehr that or you were being devious in your photo file naming Smiley.

Rich Reaves
Richard
Botanist

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2007, 11:00:19 AM »

Yeah, that was a dead give-away! I'll have to watch that in the future!

Richard
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length