Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Upcoming Volunteer Days at the Atlanta History Center Quarry Garden  (Read 1077 times)
Rich
Distinguished Botanist

« on: January 05, 2009, 08:27:21 PM »

Our upcoming January volunteer days to help in the Quarry garden at the Atlanta History Center will be from 9 a.m. until noon on:

Thursday, January 8 (this week!)
Saturday, January 17
Thursday, January 22

Come work off some of those holiday treats and see the first signs of spring! Our tasks will include planting, transplanting, pruning, weeding, etc.  Soon we may begin to sow some seeds in the greenhouse!

Helping in the Quarry Garden is an excellent way to learn about native plants, spend time in a beautiful setting, work alongside interesting people… and volunteers are often able to take plants home!

As before, please let me know if you plan on coming - as soon as possible, since the list filled quickly last time. We usually end up having some folks on a waiting list.

So you may plan accordingly, we plan to hold volunteer days on the second and fourth Thursdays of each month, as well as the third Saturday – for those unable to attend on weekdays. So for February, we will gather on the 12th, 21st and the 26th. 

I’d also like to invite you to join the Atlanta History Center to take advantage of all of the benefits of membership, but especially so you can be the first to learn of (and take advantage of the discounts on) the many up-coming events. If you’d like to join, please visit http://www.atlantahistorycenter.com/   and click on “Membership.” I look forward to hearing from several of you – and MANY thanks. How exciting to see spring creeping in!

John

John T. Manion
Historic Gardens Curator
Atlanta History Center
130 West Paces Ferry Road NW
Atlanta, GA 30305
p | 404.814.4073
e | jmanion@AtlantaHistoryCenter.com

Find out what's happening at the Atlanta History Center!
Visit www.AtlantaHistoryCenter.com

Rich Reaves
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length